PRABHAKAR KRISHNAJI DESHMUKH has completed M.Sc (Agri)-Received Silver Medal for 1st rank in subject Agronomy at Agriculture College Pune.Below are the list of his Services, Awards & Social Activities:-
- Joined as Deputy Collector on 27.12.1982.
- Worked as Sub-Divisional Magistrate at Kurduwadi and Pandharpur;, District-Solapur.
- Worked as Sub-Divisional Magistrate at Baramati, District Pune and then Private Secretary to Hon Chief Minister, Maharashtra State.
- Worked as Additional Collector and Deputy Chief Executive Officer, MIDC, Mumbai for 4 years.
- Worked as Chief Executive Officer, Zilla Parisha, Kolhapur from 28.12.2001 to 25.05.2004.
- Worked as Collector and District Magistrate, Pune from 25.05.2004 to 07.06.2008.
- Worked as Commissioner, Agriculture, Maharashtra State, Pune.
- Worked as a Divisional Commissioner, Pune Division, Pune and implemented Jalyukta Gaon Abhiyan.
- Secretary, Water Conservation and E.G.S. since September 2014-May 2016
- Divisional Commissioner, Konkan Division since June 2016 to June 2017
Social Activities / Awards
- Ideal Village Programme is implemented at Village Lodhavade, District, Satara.
- As CEO Z.P. Kolhapur implemented “Rajashri Shahu Sarvangin Shikshan Karyakram” Quality improvement in Primary Education from 2002 to 2004 at Kolhapur Zilla Parishad. It was awarded Prime Minister’s Award for Excellence in Public Administration on Civil Service Day on 21st April, 2008.
- Prime Minister Award for Excellence in Public Administration was given to Commissionerate Agriculture, Maharashtra for Crop Pest Surveillance and Advisory Project. Mr.Deshmukh, then Agriculture Commissioner took an initiative for design, formulation and effective implementation of Project covering more than 100 lakh ha.
- While working as commissioner (Agril) M.S. Agriculture Department received following Award :
- National Award “Gold Medal” for e-governance for Crop Pest Surveillance and Advisory Project.
- Best performance Award 2008-09 for Pulse in Central Western Region in National Food Security.
- Krishi Karman Award 2010-11 for the highest Production of Pulses.
- Shining World Leadership Award given by the Supreme Master Ching High International Association for organic farming and Group farming.
- Implemented innovation Scheme of “Close User Group” with BSNL covering more than 7.5 Lakhs farmers.